By Julie Escobar
I was walking through the print shop at our ProspectsPLUS.com & GettingListingsSold.com headquarters this week and saw a postcard order careening its way through the printers and UV coaters on which the agent had cleverly added a QR code to his single property website to one side of the postcard.
I thought to myself—“Smart Cookie!”
Here’s an agent who…
1. Gets it— you’ve got to layer up your marketing and use ALL the resources you’ve got…
2. Implements it—It’s one thing to KNOW what you should be doing and another thing entirely to actually put take ideas from strategy to application! Kudos!
3. Realizes it–Wisely realizes that our ‘instant gratification’ consumer mentality means it’s important to deliver information and communicate NOT just in the ways and means that are comfortable for US – but more importantly – in the ways that are comfortable and preferable to the CLIENTS.
Pretty savvy I’d say! And fairly easy to do…
What you may or may not know is that you already have 10 QR codes PER LISTING in your Ultimate Marketing Toolkit. (Hint – they’re on your postcards, flyers, lead generation business cards, even the all new sign riders) but what about the OTHER marketing opportunities?
In fact, one of our customers Jim Barickman just sent us a photo of his sign rider prominently displaying his QR code beneath is sign! Go Jim! Thanks for sharing!
But there’s so much more you can do as well!
- First, if you want to drive more traffic for one of your listings and online house tours — go to your dashboard and click on any activated listing, then click on QR Codes, then “Create codes” which will allow you to download all of your additional QR codes for that listing.”
- Don’t miss the opportunity to take advantage of technology by NOT using the codes that you’re already getting! Be sure you’re downloading your sign rider pdf and adding it to your sign like Jim did! Today’s consumers are snap happy with their smart phones and drive by traffic is high as people are out eager to take advantage of lower rates and lower prices.
- If you want to use a code OTHER than the ones for your listings and say you want to drive traffic to your site, your blog, social media platforms or just a Vcard with your contact information on it – those are easy to get for free online. T
urn to Google (they run the world and will tell you as much) and type in “QR Code Generator” — the one I found that I liked – was GOQR.me.
- Now you’re ready to get creative! I’ve seen agents use their QR codes on their business cards (obvious choice!), direct mail (smart!) but also in some creative ways too. Car magnets (saw a guy going 70 the other day – not sure how you’d snap that but all right!), newsletters, flyers in local businesses, heck – I even know one agent who had them put on the top of cupcakes that she was delivering to local businesses to drum up corporate marketing. (Sweet!) You’re only limited by your imagination! I found this article online that features 26 ways to use QR codes- ranging from the cool to the — well — a little crazy if you ask me, but hey – it’s fun! Read it here…
- Reach out to your sphere and past Just Listed card recipients. Venture over to ProspectsPLUS.com, (Use the specials link and save money!) Sign in and go to your profile. Change out your logo for your (if you don’t want to remove your logo – you can change it out for your pic – or use one of the feature property campaigns and change out the property photo.
- Next pick a campaign…On the Web social media cards are hot and trending right now – as are holiday cards of course…
- Then pick your cards, and started the editing process…most of these two series have graphic fronts – so no change there…click to view the postcard back- change up the words you want to say, (I like to use the ‘alternate back’ that way I have a little more room to write my message and offer something of value to them such as a free report, CMA, list of home care professionals, etc.) then approve the card with the QR code, pick your lists or upload one (*note – you can create a list in here too) then schedule your postcards to go out for the next three months and be done! “Easy peasy” as my kids would say!
So, give it a whirl and see what you think – and if you want to order cards – use promo code CANDYCORN to save 20%!
If you need help – give a shout to the wonderful women on our marketing team at 866.405.3638. They’re smart cookies too and can help you choose a campaign, create a list, figure out the whole QR code thing – they’re brilliant! (They didn’t even have to pay me to say that!) Good luck!
Oh – and while you’re cruising the internet or hanging out on Facebook – be sure to share a little “like” for us — at http://www.facebook.com/prospectsplus.